The addition of the internet in our lives allows us to maintain much healthier lifestyles than before, given the amount of information at our fingertips. With such a wealth of information to process, it’s always important to stay up-to-date on what information we are taking in, and how much of it we implement in our lives. Test your own current oral health, by asking yourself the following questions:
– Do you limit between-meal snacks, which can increase tooth decay?
– Do you limit intake of bread, cereal, and chips, which speed up plaque formation?
– Do you brush, floss, and use mouthwash daily?
– Do you avoid recreational drugs, which cause mouth dryness and promote tooth decay?
– Do you use an oral cleaning product after eating, to limit the damage of harmful acids?
– Do you drink plenty of water, which can help with tooth decay?
– Do you brush your tongue, along with your teeth, to help prevent bad breath?
– Do you avoid chewing tobacco and smoking?
– Do you get regular check-ups at your dental office?
– Do you eat nutritious and well-balanced meals from the five main food groups?
If you answered yes to 1 to 4 questions, your oral health is poor, and needs improvement.
If you answered yes to 5 to 9 questions, your oral health is ok, but needs improvement.
If you answered yes to all 10 questions, your oral health is great, keep up the good work!
The more you know, the better prepared you will be. Should you have any questions or concerns, please call Dr Dennis Burrell and Associates, PC at 253-564-7645 to talk to a member of our team. Call us, or stop by our office in University Place, Washington, and let us help you achieve a healthy smile today.