Are you doing everything you can to effectively keep your smile safe from oral health hazards and risks that seek to damage it? Although you may be brushing your teeth every day as expected, are you employing the proper techniques? For help with your toothbrush and toothbrush care, consider the following:
– When brushing your teeth, try to brush at a 45-degree angle and use soft strokes.
– All brushes are not equal, so use a brush that is gentle on your teeth and capable of cleaning all areas within your mouth. This includes reaching all sides of every tooth.
– Never let anyone else use your toothbrush and never use anyone else’s toothbrush. This can transfer bacteria and lead to cross-contamination.
– Standard toothbrushes only last between 3 to 4 months, so replace them as needed.
– For alternative brushing cleaners, consider switching to an electric toothbrush.
– For product recommendations or suggestions, look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance or speak with your dentist.
– It is very important to take care of your toothbrush so it can take care of you. This means storing it in a safe place upright in an aired-out position. Also, keep it away from other toothbrushes, so as to avoid contamination.
Are you in need of a dentist in University Place, Washington? No matter the needs you require from your smile, our team at Dr. Dennis Burrell and Associates, PC can help. Dr. Dennis Burrell and our team can give you a comprehensive oral examination to determine which dental procedure is best for you and your oral health care needs. To schedule a visit to our dentist office, call us at 253-564-7645. We will get you back to smiling once more!