Are you using your dental floss correctly? Dental floss is a tremendously important part of your oral health care daily regimen, as it cleans the areas between teeth that brushing cannot reach. If for any reason your flossing habits are inadequate and cannot be corrected, try transferring to an alternative interdental cleaner such as a water flosser. For a list of the most popular tips and techniques for dental floss, see the list below:
– Always used thread that does not shred when using it, such as single filament thread.
– Look for dental floss that has been given the ADA Seal of Acceptance or has been approved or recommended by your dentist.
– Move up and down the thread strand you use to ensure that each tooth is getting a fresh section of thread to clean it.
– If you want to take your smile to its optimum levels, you need to floss between every tooth every day, including behind your teeth in the back row of your mouth.
– After using a section of thread for a flossing session, throw it out and use a fresh piece for each subsequent time.
Always make time in your life to visit your dentist at Dr. Dennis Burrell and Associates, PC to book an appointment with Dr. Dennis Burrell for a detailed exam of your oral health. You can reach our dental office in University Place, Washington, by calling us at 253-564-7645. Let us help you get a straighter, healthier smile today!